How to stay safe and support Victoria Park businesses
The safety of Calgary residents, workers, and visitors is very important to us at the Victoria Park BIA. We are monitoring all recommendations and updates from government officials surrounding COVID-19 and we will continue to inform you of relevant changes here and through our social media channels. The first priority for everyone is to take appropriate steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure our entire community remains healthy.
During this time of adjustments in social events, work schedules, and travel, we encourage you to remember our many small businesses and to continue supporting them even if you cannot visit them physically.
Currently, many Victoria Park restaurants and stores are taking extra steps to ensure their spaces are clean and safe for customers. We ask that you do your part by following guidance from public health officials regarding social distancing and proper health etiquette if visiting businesses and public spaces.
If you are not able to visit stores and restaurants physically, there are still things you can do to support our small and local businesses:
- Shop online or via phone. Some of our retailers have online shopping available and others can help you over the phone. If you aren’t sure, call and ask.
- When stocking up (please don’t stockpile) do so at smaller and local shops instead of larger busier ones.
- If you do not need anything specific at the moment but still want to support local, buy gift cards to spend later in our various storefront businesses and restaurants.
- For restaurants, order takeout or delivery and tip the same amount as you would dining in.
- If you aren’t sure how you can support your favourite local businesses during this time, call them or ask them on social media. Many have come up with innovative ideas to keep their business running during this difficult time.
- Share this post and information widely so others know how to help.
First and foremost, prioritize and take all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community. Our community health as a whole depends on working together, and our small businesses are the lifeblood of the Victoria Park economy. We want to make sure they continue to stay successful while maintaining appropriate public health safety measures.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.