HotShop: Sweat 30-in-30
We are kicking off the new year with a new blog post! And, if you have a fitness-focused resolution or have simply been wanting to test the waters at a yoga studio, this one is for you.
Nestled in the Hotel Arts building in Victoria Park is HotShop, a hot yoga studio offering a variety of instructors and classes to suit the skill level of any yogi. Classes vary from their challenging Freestyle Flow, Yoga Sculpt and Core Power classes, to their more relaxing Yin and Detox classes. From time-to-time, HotShop is also known to host 30-day challenges – theirs is known as Sweat 30-in-30.
If you’ve been to a fitness studio, chances are you’ve heard mumblings of a 30-day challenge. While the classes for the challenge varies depending on the type of fitness studio you attend, the premise behind the challenge is largely the same. Participants are tasked with completing 30 classes within 30 days.
Aside from completing 30 classes in 30 days, participants of Sweat 30-in-30 work towards improving their skills and growing their practice. The challenge creates a community of like-minded individuals working towards the same goal. Participants use each other’s energy, through a mutually supportive environment, to encourage one another to increase their personal skills. Practicing daily allows participants to monitor their progress throughout the 30 days and get into a daily routine, which typically carries on past the 30-day challenge.
Ready to get started? We’ve developed a few tips to help you stick to your Sweat 30-in-30 challenge at HotShop:
- Try to have a spare mat, towel and water bottle, so you’re always fresh and ready to go.
- Keep things interesting – you don’t have to take the same class every day!
- Schedule your classes like you’d plan an event or date – penciling time into your calendar will help you make time for class.
- Most yoga or fitness clothes need to be hand washed and/or hung to dry. Make sure your fitness clothes are ready to go by washing your clothes the night before or if you can, get a second set.
- Find a friend or make one during your challenge. Chances are you’ll see a lot of the same faces in your classes, introduce yourself and have fun!
If you aren’t sure whether or not HotShop’s Sweat 30-in-30 challenge is right for you, start by taking a couple of classes and go from there. If you’re new to their studio, your first class is free – a great way to test out the studio without the 30-day commitment. Their knowledgeable instructors and staff are easily approachable, even for those first timers.